Facebook is still the largest social network with over 1.06 billion people logging in every month. Remember that is not registered users who have created an account but it is actually people who do go and actively check their Facebook profile every 30 days.
The growth of smart phones has had a significant impact on Facebook.
This statement from Mark Zuckerberg shows how important they consider mobile in their future.
“In 2012, we connected over a billion people and became a mobile company,” said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO.”
It highlights the reason why your business should be using mobile marketing combined with Facebook and other social networking programs.
- Monthly active users in December 2012 were 1.06 billion (an increase of 25% from last year)
- The average number of daily active users by December 2012 were 618 million (an increase of 28% since 2011)
- Mobile monthly active users were 680 million as of December 2012. This is an increase of 57% year-on-year.
- Mobile daily active users exceeded web users for the first time in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Mobile revenue represented approximately 23% of advertising revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012, up from approximately 14% of advertising revenue in the third quarter of 2012
- Revenue for the fourth quarter totalled $1.585 billion, an increase of 40%, compared with $1.13 billion in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Revenue from advertising was $1.33 billion, representing 84% of total revenue and a 41% increase from the same quarter last year.
- Payments and other fees revenue for the fourth quarter was $256 million.
- The number of Facebook employees stood at 4,619 as of December 31, 2012