This “How To” guide outlines how you can apply pre-defined Filters for Tasks and Categories via the “Analyze” and “Task” Ribbons.
Maps can be filtered based on properties assigned to Branches, such as Action attributes, Resources, Categories, etc.
Quick Filters are available in two locations: The Analyze Ribbon and the Task Ribbon.
How best can I use the Quick Filters?
The Analyze Tab allows you to Categorise branches. Subsequently, the Quick Filters available via the Analyze Ribbon allow you to filter for Branches with certain Categories assigned.
- Ensure the Analyze Ribbon/Tab is selected
- Open the Quick filter menu
- Select a Category from the list
- Branches that do not contain your selected Category will be greyed-out. (You can select “Hide Non-Matches”).
Note: The list of Categories displayed when you open the Quick Filter is “dynamic” i.e. it is based on Categories assigned in the Map. You must add Categories to the Map before the list will contain any.
The Tasks Tab allows you to assign Actions to Branches. Subsequently, the Quick Filters available via the Tasks Ribbon allow you to Filter for Branches meeting certain Action criteria.
- Ensure the Tasks Ribbon / Tab is selected
- Open the Quick Filter menu
- Select a Filter from the list e.g. “Actions Overdue”
- Branches that do not pass your selected Filter will be greyed-out. (You can select “Hide Non-Matches”).
The following combinations of Filters are available:
- Actions Due – Returns a positive result where a “Due By” date branch property exists and the date value satisfies that specified Filter
- Resources – Returns a positive result where the Resources properties for a branch are equal to any specified in the Filter
- Categories – Returns a positive result where the Category properties for a Branch are equal to any specified in the Filter
- Key Word (Notes or Title) – Returns a positive result where the Branch Title or Notes Text is equal to any specified in the Filter