According to the organization’s announcement, the 2015 jury includes a roster of over 20 global brand marketers and agency leaders from Fortune 500 companies across multiple vertical markets and representing MMA’s membership.
We’re told that Daniel Bonner, Razorfish Global’s chief creative officer, will serve as jury chair for the second year in a row.
“The mobile marketing industry has made incredible strides in just the last year, as marketers continue to embrace mobile in new and creative ways,” said Sheryl Daija, chief strategy officer at the MMA. “We have watched brands evolve their mobile strategies to create innovative campaigns that deliver real results, so we’re intrigued to see what this year’s Global Smarties entries have in store. We’re also thrilled to welcome Daniel as the Smarties jury chair again this year, as well as a number of new marketing leaders who are equally committed to honoring the trailblazing work being done to redefine the status quo.”
Entries will be judged on four criteria—strategy, execution, creative and results.
So what are the new and redefined competitive categories this year?
- Programmatic: Campaigns that demonstrate how the use of a programmatic/RTB platform improved the targeting and increased the efficiency and effectiveness in buying, selling and creating a mobile advertising solution.
- Cross Media/Cross Mobile Integration: Campaigns where mobile marketing was integrated as a core strategy with other media and communications channels (i.e. TV, print, radio, etc.)
- Marketing Within a Mobile Gaming Environment: Campaigns delivered within a gaming app or a mobile gaming environment where the brand is not the app or game itself.
- Mobile Native: A form of paid media on any mobile platform where the ad experience follows the natural form and function of the user experience in which it is placed.
- Tablet Campaign: Campaigns that have used mobile to successfully launch and/or re-launch a product or service into the marketplace, delivering measurable success based on a mobile platform.
- Mobile Social: Campaigns that feature the use of social networks, person-to-person and/or community channels on a mobile platform.
- Mobile Payments: A retail transaction that was enabled by a mobile device, using an application and/or the native capabilities of mobile.
- The Internet of Things: Any technology, device or wearable that connects, communicates or transmits information with or between each other through the mobile driven Internet.
- Mobile Video: Campaigns that demonstrate how the experience of sight, sound, and motion (video advertising) was used in a mobile environment to create consumer demand and engagement.
To learn more about the awards program, click here.